Monday, December 26, 2011

How do Doctors Diagnose COPD?

Your doctor will diagnose COPD by examining you, listening to your lungs, asking you questions about your medical history and what lung irritants you may have been around for long periods of time. Your doctor may also use a spirometer measure how much air your lungs can hold and how fast you can blow air out of your lungs. Based on this test, your doctor can determine if you have COPD and how severe it is. Your doctor may also order a chest X-ray and an arterial blood gas test. The blood test shows the oxygen level in the blood to see if oxygen treatment is needed.

1 comment:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete